Wednesday 2 July 2014

Miss Radcliffe Meets......Aja Malone



I would like to introduce Songwriter, Rapper, Businesswoman and Entertainer Miss Aja 'Lioness' Malone.  

Miss R: You wrote your first rhyme at the age of ten, Do you remember the lyrics?
Lol, I wish I could but I'm sorry I do not I just know my first rhyme was some A, B, C stuff very basic lol...but what a lot of people may not know is I started writing R&B songs first. I can not remember the song or what it was even about, but when I would write I absolutely loved putting how I felt on paper. It was soothing & helped me free my mind & I also wanted to relate to others as they may be experiencing some similar things in their lives.
 
Miss R: What makes you stand out from other female MC's?

I strongly believe each artist plays a part in music...it's all about knowing your position and staying in your lane but not having a problem to crossover if certain visions/productions call for that. I love to stick to the creativity. I love and absolutely enjoy that fun, feel good music & the lyrical essence of Hip-Hop, so with each song I stick to that form. I can write a song that is creative, fun, lyrical, with a edge & still give you a good feeling with a touch of charm. I also aim for songs that people can relate to, paint a picture...tell a story. People want to know you genuinely and sincerely respect and appreciate. I am letting everyone know I feel you whether it is directly or indirectly. I'm bringing that passion and energy...letting you know I feel it and I feel you. I also love being witty & having that wordplay that will make people think.
Miss R: What's your favourite song ?
Lol, oh my....my favourite song?...there are so many I feel like if I name one I will be taking away from the others lol....that's really hard for me to pinpoint...& I'm saying that from all genre's(Gospel, Reggae, R&B, Hip-Hop, Pop, etc.) I really just love all kinds of music.
 
Miss R: Mary J Blige, MC Lyte and Queen Latifah are 3 female Rappers who you admire. Who are your top 3 male rappers?

 Scarface(Brad Jordan) , Redman, & Jay-Z
 
Miss R: Who would be your dream collaboration?
Oh wow, there are really so many once again, but I would have to start off by saying MC Lyte, Lauryn Hill, Mary J. Blige, Jay-Z, Cold Play, FallOut Boy.
 
Miss R: What are you working on now?
My Secret Weapon Vol 2: Cloak and Dagger mixtape which is hosted by DJ Rob-Low is complete. I have dropped 3 single thus far from off the the mixtape "Don't Want None of This," F.Y.E (Top of The Line Jewelry)," & "State of the Art 2.0". The full mixtape will be dropping this August. From there I will be dropping my debut EP album "I Live For This...."
 
Miss R: What's been your biggest achievement so far?
I'm still working towards having a big achievement. I believe I have a lot more room to grow as a person, artist, songwriter, businesswoman, & entertainer before I can say I have a big achievement. I mean don't get me wrong I've had a lot of great things occur & have been blessed with some really great opportunities but I don't believe I'm at that stage as of yet. I'm still learning and growing through experience.
 
Miss R:  How have you developed as a artist?

I'm still developing as an artist each day I am learning and growing. I see improvements on a lyrical level, business level, etc but I feel like I have so much more room to get better than I was the day before...the song before & etc. I believe it's all a works in progress & it takes God & teamwork. I don't do this all on my own.
 
Miss R: What other projects are you involved with?
First off let me express my appreciation and thanks towards being given the opportunity of being apart of This Is Miss Radcliffe BlogSpot. Your love and support has been so awesome. I thank you and all of UK for your continuous love and support 
I am a featured artist on Ladies Luv Music http://www.ladiesluvmusic.com/TheRealAjaMalone.html
I am a featured artist on Divas On 24 Radio and my song F.Y.E. (Top of the Line Jewelry) will be on their "Street Compilation Vol 1. album"
I will be on "The Playlist" compilation album
I have an upcoming feature with Rude Boy Magazine and sponsorship with Rude Boy Clothing
I have a sponsorship with Phreshlife clothing #SleepMode Lol
I did the song jingle for "Money Wisdom for Women" a Worldwide based TV & Radio show talking on financial investments and knowledge.

I will soon be shooting Day 2 of my music video for my song "So Confident" and "1st Draft" that is on my upcoming EP album.  Day 1 shoot of the music video went really well. We had a lot of fun and I learned a lot of great new things as it pertains to shooting a music video....I must add I am working with the incredible & talented Devin Ricks for DJRP Productions (music video director & producer of the music video), my talented & creative executive producer Diggz ( who produced "So Confident" and is also my executive producer for my EP album, my business partner & talented Sekou Evans and the lovely & talented make-up artist Brittany Gilliam who as a team is making all of this come to life.
 
Miss R: Do you have any shows/Tours coming up?

I have a couple shows in the works that my team & I are still working out all the details on. I also look forward to touring and that is something else we have in process.
Appreciate you for your time, professionalism, patience and this opportunity. It is more than a pleasure. :)
Miss R: Thank you too Aja!!

Check out Aja's Souncloud!

No comments:

Post a Comment