Sunday 10 August 2014

Miss Radcliffe Meets......Junior X





Reggae artist Junior X  took some time out to have a little chat with me.

Miss R: You have always had a love for music since your days in the School Choir. When did you know you wanted to pursue it as a career?


I knew I wanted to Peruse music the minute I found myself feeling uncomfortable doing anything else. The passion and the drive was too strong not to follow.


Miss R: Where do you get your song writing inspiration? What is your usual song writing process?


My inspiration for writing a song comes from various mean, as reasons to write is all around. I have no specific process of writing, I just flow with the vibe I feel at the moment while being attentive to my surroundings as it speaks volumes.

Miss R: Which one of your songs means the most to you?

Most might think "Plead My Cause" would be most important because its my I.D song but as Important as it is from time to time, pending on situations and cases of relation, other songs that I do comes in handy and rules the moment because all my songs speaks on different aspects of life.


Miss R: Who was your main influence growing up?

My influence was mainly music itself. The melody, the way a singer brings emotion from a song and the lyrics are very impacting on me, quite a few artist have that skill and those are the ones I listened to, mostly to polish my own art form.

"Gangsta Life" (I LOVE this song)

Miss R: You have been in the music industry for a long time. How have you developed as a artist and performer? Is there anything you would do differently? 

I can say I've come a long way in music and I've have done some impressive songs, with a lots more to come.  That means a lot to people. I'm proud of the fact that this journey was worth it and I still give it my best shot every time.

Miss R: What has been your biggest achievement?


I've achieved lots in music and I think my biggest achievement is yet to come because it keeps getting better and better.

Miss R: Which producer or artist would you like to work with in the future?


I think variety spices up your life. Every artist has their own flavour, so for me it's not about who I work, it's more like what I  can work with in order to bring about that satisfaction to for the fans, for example the combination I did with Queen ifrika called "Look No Further" ,"Destiny" with Gyptian and "You Saved Me" with Alborosie all those songs compliment each other.

"Destiny" Gyptian & Junior X




Miss R: Tell me about your new album?

The new album is on its way and from the energy I and my team are putting in, it is geared for success. I've recorded quite a few solo tracks and contemplating a few collabs. The name and date of release is not confirmed as yet, but my fans have always trusted me to bring quality music to the table.

Miss R: Do you have a tour coming up?

I have a tour coming up which will take me to United States, parts of the Caribbean then ending up in Europe ,starting the last week of August through to October.

https://twitter.com/IAmJuniorX

No comments:

Post a Comment