Wednesday 19 November 2014

Miss Radcliffe Meets...... Patch




Miss R: Who is Patch?..Tell me a little about yourself.

I'm a north London rapper/poet and leader of the Drunken Philosophy movement. I'm trying to spread my belief that we as people should embrace who we are and be true to ourselves no matter what. My music/poetry tell the stories of my life and I just hope people can relate.


Miss R: When did you first start writing?

I first started writing at age 10 when my teacher asked us to write a poem. I was given a picture of a puffer-fish and that was the subject of my poem.  It subsequently got published in a children's poetry book and so I think that's when the seed was planted.



Miss R: What inspires your music?
Everyday life, personal experience and my deep desire to connect with people and spread positive energy.


Miss R: What music did you listen to growing up?
Well I first really got into music around age 12 when I discovered hip hop.  I listened to all the usual's Biggie,Tupac,Eminem,Jay-Z,Nas and Big L. I was always drawn to the most lyrical rappers.  As I've grown up my musical taste has expanded massively but as teenager I was a true hip hop head
Miss R: What's your favourite lyric?
"I wanna take your misery, replace it with happiness but I need your faith in me" Tupac - Do For Love

Miss R: Do you produce your own music too?
I don't produce my own music, I have a producer by the name of Da whom I work very closely with and who is the sole producer for my next project, The Pirate Ep.

"Strings Of My Nature"
 
Miss R: Are there any other creative avenues you want to explore?
I have always enjoyed role-play,acting and improvisation. I love it and will definitely pursue it later in life but it is not a current focus of mine.

Miss R: What are you working on right now?
I have recently finished recording my next project, The Pirate Ep. I'm currently gearing up for it's release so I'm just putting together some videos and performing as much as possible.

Miss R: Who would you would like to collaborate with in the future?
I would love to 1 day collaborate with Paolo Nutini, he is hands down my favourite singer
Miss R: Do you have any shows/Tours planned?
I perform most weeks, I'm next performing at UK UNSIGNED HYPE in Lockside Lounge,Camden on Thursday 20th Nov. You can also catch me at Birthdays in Dalston on December 15th.
Thank you Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment